|Title:||RT, Access Urgent Medical Care|
|Department:||Access Urgent Medical Care|
|Location:||Central Ohio (AUMC)|
Radiology Technician (RT)
Job Title: Radiology Technician (RT)
Department: Operations, site specific
Immediate Supervisor Title: Regional Manager
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for operating radiology equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) of the body for diagnostic purposes as directed by the Physician.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Positions patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum view of specific body area.
- Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure levels (time and distance).
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and medical staff.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain cooperation.
- Documents patient’s file of all procedures performed.
- Make exposures necessary for the requested procedures, rejecting and repeating work that does not meet established standards. Processes exposed plates for review.
- Interview, obtain history, assess/triage patient, measure vital signs and record information on medical record. Complete medical record to include: services rendered, test results and supplies used.
- Prepare patient and exam room for examination.
- As ordered by the Physician administer medications, eye and ear irrigation’s and enemas, dress/bandage wounds and incisions, start/monitor IV, draw blood and assist Physician with any procedures.
- Perform diagnostic tests to include eye exams, electrocardiograph, defibrillator, cardiac monitor, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, Peak flow and inhalation treatment equipment.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, prescriptions and physician instructions to patient.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies
Education: Completion of an accredited program. Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is required.
Experience: Minimum one year of radiology experience in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of current trends and techniques of x-ray technology.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and related physical sciences as applied to radiological techniques.
- CPR Certified.
- Current and valid OH License for Radiography
- Skilled at using beam restrictive devices and patient shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Skilled at maintaining records of patients examined, examinations performed, views taken and technical factors used.
- Skilled at providing on the job training to new employees and students and providing input to supervisors regarding training performance.
- Ability to establish working relationships with patients and staff.
- Ability to monitor equipment operation and report malfunctioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to determine patient x-ray needs by interpreting instructions from physician.
Equipment Operated: Digital radiology equipment. Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Weekday, evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required to other sites.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Employee will be required to position patient to ensure correct image is being captured. Work may require sitting for long periods of time, and also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift files or paper. Position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate imaging equipment, operate a keyboard, computer, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Position also requires viewing computer screens and typing for long periods of time.
I acknowledge that I can perform the above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.