Patient Relations Specialist, AUC of Hunters Creek
|Title:||Patient Relations Specialist, AUC of Hunters Creek|
|Department:||America's Urgent Care of Hunters Creek|
|Location:||Orlando, FL (AUC)|
DescriptionAmerica's Urgent Care of Hunters Creek is now now hiring for Patient Registration Associates. Open 7 days a week, ideal candidates would be available to work 10-12 hour shifts, 3 days/week, including evening and weekend rotations.
America’s Urgent Care of Hunter’s Creek
Patient Relations Specialist
Patient Relations Specialist
Job Title: Patient Relations Specialist (PRS)
Department: Operations, site specific
Immediate Supervisor Title: Clinic Management
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for functioning in a public relations capacity to include patient registration and data entry of patient information. Interviews patients and determines ability to pay or eligibility for third party payors. Explains insurance payment policy and billing procedures, and discharge patients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Act as patient liaison. Greet, instruct and discharge patients in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Register patients and update demographic information to ensure accurate billing statements. Interviews patient/responsible party to obtain and record personal, family and financial data.
- Collect co-pay, deductible and any additional money for services performed prior to discharge. Posts credits and debits to patient accounts and notes accounts that are delinquent.
- Fax/mail medical records to PCP’s/ insurance companies at patient’s request.
- Confirm all areas on chart have been completed and signed by medical staff before patient’s departure.
- Answer phones, takes messages, return voicemail message from prior day.
- Ensure night deposit for banking transaction is complete.
- Ensure facility is neat, clean and secure before leaving.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and continuing education meetings
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Medical billing/coding schooling preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years responsible clerical experience involving public contact, including at least one year of experience in a medical setting.
- Possess current basic medical billing and insurance knowledge (past two years)
- CPR Certified.
- Knowledge of sources of information to verify insurance coverage and medical terminology applicable to the medical billing process.
1. Proficient in basic computer, typing and filing skills.
2. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
3. Oversees waiting room area to ensure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently.
1. Ability to interview patients under stressful conditions and maintain professional demeanor.
2. Ability to review, post and record information accurately.
3. Ability to clearly explain financial policies and financial responsibility to responsible parties.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Weekday, evening and weekend work. May require some travel to cover shifts at other sites.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Work may require sitting for long periods of time, and also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift files or paper. Position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a computer, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Position also requires viewing computer screens and typing for long periods of time.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications